Sunday, January 17, 2010

RESET Day 2

Hunger meter: 7
Energy meter: 2

I'm on day two of my RESET. So far, so good. I am surprised that my usual hunger headaches haven't shown themselves, even thought I do feel hungry quite often. I woke up to a cheerful note of encouragement from my Aunt Sandy (who introduced me to the RESET plan and USANA) that stated "Day 2 is the hardest...snicker, snicker."

Thanks.

Even so, it really hasn't been as bad as I would have thought, or was led to believe. The big thing about today is that I have no energy. Very little. I woke up late, got to church late, came home and took a 2.5 hour nap. Partly due to weather (because it has been raining heavily all day) and partly due to just lack of food. My aunt did redeem herself this afternoon by sending me much more information and some food shopping lists. Oh yeah, she also said she was proud of me so I can overlook her "snicker, snicker." It's amazing how our bodies are so hard-wired to crave sugars and carbs. I am learning that my hunger pains aren't just hunger for food, they're cravings for carbs and other sugars that I would normally consume. The RESET is really an attempt to get your body to crave the other stuff, the fruits and veggies and proteins that are far more healthy and less likely to store as fat.

I think that's pretty cool.

Now, I spent some time reviewing the food lists. As someone who really enjoys food and cooking, I think it will be hard to adjust to these low-glycemic meals. They're pretty boring. It's too bad that the really yummy gourmet food has so much bad stuff in it. But I am determined not to let my new diet be boring, and am excited about figuring out ways in which I can "dress up" my food! And your recipes and suggestions are more than welcome.

So long day 2, can't wait for day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment