Friday, January 15, 2010

Burgers, French Fries and Thai… Oh My!

For the time being, I am turning this blog into a diet journal to chronicle my journey from flab to fab. No, really. I have decided to get serious about losing weight this year. Last year I focused on finances, this year it’s my gut.

Those of you who know me well know that I am a loyal gym member. I work out 4-5 days a week and try to maintain an active lifestyle. Those same people also know that I love food. All food, as much as I can get. I wouldn’t say I have a problem; I just don’t really pay attention to what I eat. Any time I decide to lose weight, I am successful momentarily but after I stop paying attention to what I eat, I start adding back in the food I shouldn’t be eating.

Weight loss has been a life-long struggle for me, and I am determined to be successful this year. Yes, I am joining the millions of other Americans who have decided to lose weight but the difference is that I am going to do it! And all 2 people who read this blog are going to keep me accountable.

But I am not doing this on my own. I clearly have no self-control when it comes to food, so I am employing help and doing something I’ve never done before. I’m following an eating plan. Now, this may not be drastic to you but I’m in new territory here so be kind. The plan I’m following is the USANA RESET plan. It’s pretty neat. The first 5 days is a cleanse, basically to reset your body, and then you slowly build back in a low-glycemic diet. My hope is that the cleanse will also kill my cravings, and that I’ll reset my body to crave the good stuff, not the bad stuff (and I don’t mean the “good stuff,” my friend Betsy’s yummy peanut butter, chocolate, marshmallow and peanuts concoction). I dream of the day when I can walk past a plate of cookies and not want one. I hope that some day, the smell of McDonald’s french fries won’t drive me wild. I long for a time when the sultry sound of bacon sizzling won’t set my heart a flutter.

Tomorrow I begin my journey. I will keep you posted of my success as I lose the weight so wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the "I have a Dream" speech of MLK!
    I am soooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are motivating me to go to the gym lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MLK? I don't think so but thanks for being my cheerleader!

    And Wendy, I know you're going to win your challenge!

    ReplyDelete