Saturday, January 23, 2010

Built Ford Tough

Current Weight:  185
Pounds to Go:  40

One week after I started my RESET, and I have lost 5 pounds! Granted, four were because of RESET, but one since is still something exciting to brag about! I feel really good. Thursday night I went to a dinner party, and while there was plenty I could eat, I felt bad about not being able to sample everything the host made. I did take a lot of leftovers from her, though, and she seemed to appreciate that.

Over the last couple of days, though, I feel myself getting more and more hungry. Not for bad food, just for solid food. I think my body is just telling me to eat. Now, let me set the record straight. I do not think nor feel that I am starving myself. I think I'm just really tired of the mostly-liquids diet. I am going to do my best to go as long as I can, but I am not sure how far I want to go for two reasons. First, the shakes and protein bars are pricey. Now, I know I'm not buying nearly as many groceries as I have in the past, and that certainly helps. But I'm still spending 3 times as much money on food than I typically would. This bothers me because I'm trying to save for my move and whatnot. Second, if I am spending my money on shakes to lose weight, I won't have any money left over to buy new clothes once mine stop fitting. It could only be a matter of a month before my work clothes no longer fit. I've been this size for so long, that I don't have any skinny clothes anymore and with my financial goals for the summer in place, there isn't a lot leftover for wardrobe.

Sure, a lot of that is just excuses. If I were serious, it shouldn't matter. The truth is I don't know how long I can avoid other foods beyond bunny food. Plus, since I am being fiscally conservative with my food budget, I'm scared to overeat my veggies because if they run out before my grocery budget is replenished, I'm pulling cash from other budgets to cover food and Dave Ramsey wouldn't be happy about that. Maybe I just need to give it time to find a good balance.

On a funny note, I was talking to my sister the other night about our bodies and she goes, "We're built Ford tough." It's true, our bodies are resilient, meant to be working to fields and popping out babies. Thanks Canadian prairie genes! So I'm sure that I can overcome this temporary lull. After all, I'm built Ford tough. Hopefully one of the many people I've been talking this program up to will bite and I'll have a buddy to commiserate with so you all don't have to read about my whining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment