Sunday, August 29, 2010

Days 2, 3 & 4

Well, the last few days have been quite a whirlwind of activity. Between seeing my sister, friends, and attending a wedding in Memphis, I'm pretty exhausted. But still excited because D proposed!!! That's right, he did what few others could do and pulled a surprise engagement on me. I honestly had no idea it was coming. I am so happy though! I think the initial shock has finally worn off and now I can talk about it without getting all flustered. He proposed on UNC's campus, on the kissing bench which, as alums know, if you kiss your true love on that bench you will marry him/her. I showed D that bench during his first visit to see me as part of his campus tour. We did kiss on it. I can't believe he remembered and wanted to go back and propose to me while we were sitting on it! So, as all things have been on this trip, we were running late to meet friends for dinner. He insisted on going through a walk on campus, I insisted we skip it. Especially because he was complaining about losing his phone somewhere in the car (we found it afterwords, in the car). So we walked and sat on the bench. He kissed me, and asked if I had ever kissed anyone else on this bench (no). He kissed me again and pulled out the ring, and asked me to marry him! I must have said "Are you serious?" several times before saying yes :) I was too surprised to cry, which I guess was the objective. Here's a pic:



My ring is so pretty! It's an ice diamond from the mines in Canada so you can tell exactly where it came from. It's 2 and 1/4 karat (so I'm told) and a round cut in a cathedral setting. It's stunning. I really can't stop looking at it! No date, no plans yet. I think I'll let myself move before I decide on anything like that. Just enjoying the moment for now!

The rest of the trip has been fun. Yesterday and Today we are in Memphis. We saw Graceland yesterday and went to the fabulous wedding of some friends. Today we are off to Sun Records Studio and Darren is taking the Kooky Canuck 7 lb hamburger challenge. Then we're off to St. Louis!

1 comment: