Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1: Wednesday, August 25

Left DC and Scott’s house relatively early in the morning, and it wasn’t a great sleep. I think we’re both adjusting to the new sleeping pattern of each other in the bed and, well, usually I’m OK with that because I know it’s temporary. But this time I know it’s not. We’re going to be together from now on. I guess I’ll have to get used to his snoring ;-) If we don't adjust quickly, I fear that two grumpy people with quick tempers may lead to a miserable trip! But I think we'll adjust after another couple of nights.

The rest of the trip was fabulous! We picked up a Garmin and headed off to Norfolk to see my little sister and her BF and celebrate her birthday...26 years young. My good friend Wendy joined us for dinner, and we had a great time catching up and celebrating. Tomorrow I think we’ll jet off to the outer banks before heading to the Raleigh area. Good-byes are still coming so I’m not too sad yet. The drive to Memphis will likely be miserable because I’ll be so sad to have left everyone at that point. Good thing we picked up a box of tissues today.

No comments:

Post a Comment